Octave pedal?

Wireneck

I am looking for a pedal that will do 1 and 2 octaves up. I am really digging the Zvex Johnny Octave but they are pretty expensive even used. I have a Boss Oc-3 but I just don't dig the sound for this sort of thing. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will be buying used and preferably would like to keep it under $150.00

The digitech whammy pedal i believe goes two octaves up.You could probably get a used one for under $150.I have one that's part of my digitech gnx2 and i can set it up to go either 1 or 2 octaves,up or down.

Yeah, the digitech whammy is pretty cool. There's a funky harmonize function thrown in too on that. Really useful if you want to cheese up your lead lines. :p

I actually have a Digitech Whammy but don't like it being in my signal chain. The built in gain knob really mucks up my distorted tone. My bassist has an MXR Blue box and it sounds good but like you pointed out, only does octave down.
I'll check out the french toast but I never dug the build quality on the Danelectro pedals. Looks like I might be going for the Zvex after all.

This is not just my opinion, but well documented fact; the MXR Blue Box is a piece of crap. No self-respecting musician will own one. After that, one and two octave up pedals are pretty scarce. One and two octave down are common, but not going up. If you get an octave up, it's usually a byproduct of a fuzz pedal such as the Dan Electro French Toast. The clipping, filtering, and output transformer(!) give the frequency doubling.
Who has a clean octave up pedal? Hmmm :confused:. The Z-Vex Johnny Octave? It may be more of a ring modulator, I'm not certain. But I think it does have one or two octaves up (not both simultaneously).
AHA!
There's the EH POG and HOG, and the POG is really cool. I just hate EH for their size and polarity issues; you can't have them on the same 1-Spot. But if you can live with that, get a POG. It's freakin' cool.

Back