oboros project

indiefolk

i usally do indie-folk in the vein of tom-waits meets lou reed, but a friend of mine gave me a copy of fruity loops so I recored a few tracks and posted in on mp3.com/oboros. I have three more songs in the approval process right now as well . pleez check it out and tell me what you think. some people have called it primitive ambient or tribal darkwave?

Hey There:

Listened to "Darkspace." Obviously, you know that it has no discerable melody or any structure, so (being the structured guy that I am), I can't say that it's going into my "favorites" folder, but it seems pretty well recorded. I think there are too many lows below 100Hz.

I'm "listening" to the other one now...I'm 4:00 minutes into it, and all I've heard so far is "rain?" or hiss, punctuated by random ambient noises...I've got the levels cranked on this, and I'm fearing that it's going to "kick in" at some point and damage my hearing...I sure hope so. I'm at 6:30 now...still have my hearing in tact...Okay, almost 9 minutes in, and I'm starting to lose hope...

Okay, that was 9 and a half minutes of what sounded like hiss to me. If that's what you intended, it sounded perfect.

Good Luck,
Chris

[edit - I'm not the one who gave this one-star, I'm the one who took time to comment :D]

Last edited:
All right, dammit. 40 views and I'm the only one who had the guts (or the time) to respond.

Ya'll aren't getting out that easy. Here's the link

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/oboros.html

Honest feedback is the foundation of a good recording experience... (unless you're talking about my stuff, b/c all I'm really looking for is a pat on the back).

Everyone who reads this and doesn't respond is...[insert sophmoric adjective]...TO THE MAX!

darkspace - One of the creepiest grooves I've ever heard, which is a good thing. To me, this would be a great intro to a tune but as a complete 4:00+ song, I don't know if I'd listen to it again

Back