O2R with DAW

isaak

What are your opinions on a second hand O2R with unity card etc. and hooked through the motu Mk3 interface into DAW. I know the mixer is only 20bit but the motu Mk3 should step this up to 24 bit into the DAW right? I need a mixer with digital effects for live work thats why i thought of this mixer in particular. I have the opportunity to get one with the Unity card (TC Electronics m2000 effects) but is it to old hat to go down this path? What are your opinions/suggestions?

O2R

I'm using an O2R with the MOTU 2408 MkII. I don't use it for my live sound--mainly because I need it at the studio too much to risk breaking it. For live sound it would kick ass (compressors and gates on every channel... 6 AUX sends...) but, it only has 8 stock mic preamps, there are many ways around this, (AD converters with ADAT outs into O2R ADAT cards). The O2R Version 2 software upgrade allows 24bit 96k operation... but you lose half you channels. For live sound I can't imagine the O2R's sound quality not being good enough.
I have had my O2R for six years and have NEVER had a problem. But I never move it.
I think the O2R could be a great choice... but I hope you'll be getting WELL paid to haul it around.

isaak said:
I know the mixer is only 20bit but the motu Mk3 should step this up to 24 bit into the DAW right?

Nope. You can convert the files and there would be some advantage in processing but not when it comes to SNR for tracking.

Back