O. T. PA Question

tmcbrinn

This is slightly off topic, but I have a question about PA wires. My band has a poweramp with bannana plugs/open wire outputs to the speakers, and the speakers have paralell 1/4" inputs. (don't ask me why the amp has bannan plugs, I didn't buy it). I want to know the bestr way to get a clean signal from the poweramp to the speakers. One option is to use really good speaker wire and put 1/4 " adapters on the one end. Another thing we did at practice was we spliced the ends of guitar cables; which worked ok, but its not the greatest idea. Are there 1/4" to bananna plug wires out there, or do I make them myself?

I havn't seen any 1/4" to banana plug adapters, but I have seen prewired cables that are 1/4" to bannana, using speaker wire. I would not use guitar cables to run from the power amp to the bins, you want to keep the resistance down, and heavy gauge speaker wire is the way to do it.

I think you should make them yourself, get good heavy gauge, well insulated speaker wire, and a couple 1/4" plugs. Just need a soldering iron and your done.

Back