O.K. I´m ready...

Studer-Luder

Hi there....all the stuff i have is :
Tascam 424 mkIII(analog)....L/R line outputs (chinch) and Tape Outputs(chinch....one chinch for every track (1-4/Sync)). So i guess i`d better use the tape outputs to get each track on cool edit....right?

And the computer has the following stuff:
-Creative Soundblaster PCI-64´-Soundcard
-NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64´-Graphiccard ... wanna know that?
-PentiumIII-E(B) 700 MHz-Prozessor´ and 256MB SDRAM (2x 128, each tacted 133MHz!!!)
-VIA Apollo Pro/133/133A PCI-Chipset
-Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG (Micro-star)
-20,4 GB Harddrive (ST320423A).
That´s for all I think you want to know...right?

So if you have the time...we can start step by step.
I recorded the music on Tascam ...i used four tracks. That`s what i can do...i wanna have so fat and cool recordings...and i wanna have the result at least on cdr...of course (WinOnCD). I hope you`ll do it....thanx

ok, with the gear you have now, you have two choices.

a) Mix down to computer. That is, run a stereo line from the MAIN OUT on your 4track into the LINE IN on you SoundCard... You wont get any TARCK seperation... this will just get a final MIXDOWN onto you comp. you can do some 2track processing... like EQing and Compressing... and then burn to disc. That is the easy way, and the least flexible.

b) Dump tracks onto comp. How this works is you run lines from your 4track into your comp.. and record each track onto its own track in the Multitrack mode. This WILL preserve TRACK seperation... but you can only record 2 tracks at a time... and then you will have to SYNC up the tracks manually (unless you know what SMPTE is... if not, dont ask.) AFTER you sync up the tracks (which can be hard or easy...) then you will be able to edit each track individually (a big plus) and re mix to your hearts content(also a plus) THEN mixdown, master(;)) and burn to Cd. This way is harder, but more flexible.

which do you prefer?

xoxo

ps..chinch?

Back