NTrack problem??

Basslord1124

Ok, I've tested this with CEP and I don't get this problem so it must be something within Ntrack I'm not setting or something. The problem is that say I record a drum machine track, then I record a guitar track. If I mute the drum track I can still hear the drum track within the guitar track. So it's like all my previous tracks bleed into the new track that I might be creating. What am I forgetting to do? :confused:

Make sure that in your computer volume control panel that in the record properties that "what U hear" isn't checked as the recording device, rather line in or analog mix

start -> accessories -> entertainment -> volume control (the long way to get to the VControl panel.

how are you routing/recording? from your other posts Im gonna assume youre micing your crate straight into one of the inputs (L/R) on the audiophile (if you mentioned a mixer in the chain i missed it) and running the drum machine into the other audiophile input. (L/R)

assuming all that, ill assume youre playing "live" with the drum machine as you record these 2 sources. Are the guitar amp mics picking up the bleed in the room of the drum machine?

in n-track, for each blank audio track you insert to record on (one for drums one for guitar are you setting them to record from the proper inputs? click on the track record button to select this.

lower left corner in n-track, check those settings also.

good luck!

I'll tinker around with it some tonight to see if I can figure out what the problem is. Keep in mind I've recorded more with CEP than I have with NTrack so I'm not too proficient when it comes to NTrack. To answer your questions Fat_Satchel, I am using my old 4 track as a mixer and using its RCA outs to the RCA ins of the Audiophile. Then the RCA outs of the Audiophile into my stereo. I'm recording things a track at a time, first usually being the drums (or drum machine in this case), followed by bass, guitar etc. The actual bleed of the tracks must be occuring internally (somewhere in the routing or something else) as I'm recording the guitar direct off of my digital pedal. No mics have been used except for vocals. Like I said, I'll mess with it tonight to see if I can figure it out.

Ok, I fixed it. After trying to figure it out I just hit the default settings button within preferences and that must've fixed it. Think it had something to do with soundcard input/output settings within NTrack.

Back