ns drumkit

You need to keep all the files in memory, so basically the MB-sum of the soundfonts you are using...

Ok, that's what I thought. So, it comes to about 120mb. I should have enough for Sonar then, right? I guess I won't have much wiggle room though...

Vice

Hey guys,

Ok, I just bumped the RAM in my system to 768MB. I figured that would be enough to run this set of soundfonts. I followed the instructions or so I thought. I got a Out of DRAM memory on my Audio card. I am using a Sound Blaster Live! Platinum. I, of course, am not in front of my DAW... Any suggestions? No, I don't know too much about soundfonts. I am using Vienna...

Thanks

Vice

Vienna isn't hard to work with once you get a handle on the relationship between samples, instruments, and presets. In your case, you just have to import each element of the ns_kit, which are already available as individual soundfonts. Is that the version you have? It has a snarepack, cymbalpack, hi hat, etc? I think it's version 6. When you get ready to assemble the big soundfont, I might be able to help you if you run into any snags. That's about all I've done for the last three months is make drum soundfonts in Vienna. It's hard to find individual samples that actually sound like they go together, so if you come across something like the ns kit, you wanna grab onto that! I don't really care for version 6. I think version 4 was his best. Version 6 has wierd kicks, and the snares are real thin and high-pitched. Not good for me, but may be great for others. Anyway, good luck!

ed

One more thing................if you get that out of memory message, just open up your Audio HQ, open the soundfont panel, click on the options tab, and increase the size of your soundfont cache. Works like a charm!;)

ed

Thanks Guitar Ed, I will have to check that Audio HQ setting. I believe that is the problem, because I followed them to the letter.

Hopefully, it will work.

Vice

I have the ns kit n.6 but I don't like so much the kick.
There's a way to replace in Vienna the kick of the ns with another kick from another soundfonts drum kit??

Thank you very much for your help!

Back