NS-10's anybody?

Gag

Hey can anybody help me. I 've might be picking up some yamaha NS-10 speakers on a trade . What do you think of them? What I' m using now are just home stereo spkrs

I think that they are great to help get the mix close to where you want it. There is a small learning curve to them, but I have been satisfied with them.

Like them or hate them, they will be better than home stereo speakers .

Brucie-Blue Bear simply luv's these monitors!!!!

It's his all time favorites!!!!:D

Ain't that right Cuzzin' Brucie!!!:D :D

Blue Bear Sound said:

I only have these stinkin' Events and Tannoys....

:p

Bruce

I have a pair of Tannoy Lockwood boxes and I prefer them instead of NS10 - guess I'm on the team of NS10 haters :D

bizz

..... and I guess Blue Bears advise is better than mine ;)

I'm a fan. The hardest part of the "curve" is the bass placement, but just listen to reference CDs and you should be ok after a little while.

Good luck,
Mike

As a main monitor I can NOT stand ns10's. I have used them to check mixs but I think they are annoying. They make good doorstop! This is going to sound nerdy but I stand alot when I mix and like it to sound natural. Just me YMMV!!:eek:

mikemoritz said:
I'm a fan. The hardest part of the "curve" is the bass placement, but just listen to reference CDs and you should be ok after a little while.

Good luck,
Mike

That would be the learning cure.

hmm,??

Listen to mixes done ns10m owners on this board and you will RECOGNIZE. THose things are phat for mixing, no doubt.

Of course, they sound not too nice, but nobody said that mixing TOOLS had to sound nice.

THe ns10ms dont forive and If it sounds good on them, it will sound good anywhere guaranteed.

Just listen to shakestheclown's work. He uses ns10ms exclusively, and his mixes compare to anybody's and are actually better than most.

Listen to my newest post and compare it to the blunders I was making when I was using "good sounding" Alesis monitor twos

I could've made a trade to get a pair of NS-10's.

But somehow, I grew an attachment to this brick.
If you saw this brick, you'd realize that I would've lost out in the deal.

It's a very attractive brick, and serves a multitude of purposes... (...paperweight, door-stop, etc.).

The NS-10's could also work as a paperweight or a door-stop, but they are much bulkier and take up too much space. :D

This has been beat to death so bad over the years, you either like them or you don't.. Some think they sound bad but yet so does thier music when they mix on shit speakers that make it sound good when its really not. NS10's might not sound "good" but my mixes do and to me thats what matters. Any speakers require a learning curve some more than others but just like most things that take work in life, the end result is better IMHO. I am by no means saying that NS10s are the have all of speakers. I have heard a few that are cool.. I like Tannoys and a few others but for the most part I hear MUD and don't hear all the little nasties that I hear and can FIX with my NS10's.. If you want your music to sound pretty on your speakers then they are not for you, if you want your mixes to sound good they are a great tool...

*DISCLAIMER* Again just to avoid the flaming shit that happens on this BBs I am not saying that NS10s are the mother of all speakers, like um or not thats your opinion. Personally I would haul mine around if the studio I was mixing in didnt have a pair.. But fortunatly almost every major studio in Nashville has a pair or two.. Hmmmmmm

Thanks for all the responses people, I would have thanked you all sooner but my my computer has been in for some repairs and I'm just back up as I write this. For all the hoopla in regards to this my question I think the first answer seems to be the way to go as I don't have to put out any bread and they got to be better then what i'm using now.. Thanks a mil chow for now, Gag

Back