Now What???

DA GOAT

Okay now that my earlier ?s been answered what do I do now. I have a couple beats I hope to sell.

Do I:

1) Copyright them; Put on my MP3.com page & wait for buyers to contact me?(Of course, wit sum promotion)

OR

2) All of the above plus burn them to CD and shop em'?

Just lookin to gain knowledge so I can do what I gotta do! Any info appreciated.

Peace

Another Citizen of the "757".............Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

To answer your question though, your first step should really be to copyright the material, even though it is automatically copyritten once you finish making it(for reasons out of the scope of this reply).

Then the cheapest and easiest form of promotion would be to let some of the cats that you know rap(like aroun ya way) hear the beat/beats. If they are hot they will offer to buy, and if they are satisfied they will tell other cats.

In other words your product would sell itself using word of mouth as its only form of promotion and marketing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thank me after you get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.
Son, we tha same age, in the same area, with tha same hobbies, same occupation, and same interests.

I don't know about you, but I smell a CaLaBo......Nah Mean!!!!

Holla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left a beat disk at a couple of hiphop studios (i know and kinda trust these cats). If some customers are feeling the tracks then i let the studio owners feel em out on the charges and then just break him. I know these dudes gonna push their tracks first but rather than loose the extra cash they will push my tracks second. I also keep some beat promo disks in the ride and sometimes on me at the club. Kinda like a audio business card ( they actually make those). If a cat starts talking that, " I rap too" yada. "I need work" then I put the disk in his hand and i'll quote him some high price. Then i'll say call me and we'll work something out if he uses my partnas to record.

Back