Now I'm Mutation

awesome fella...love the synths at the beginning, folks say my stuff can be 3D but i saw that part fly in front of me, methinks his gear must be a little better lol....do you think you could get a breakdown of what synths he's using on some of your tracks?

your singing is spot on again..the doubled vocals took a second to get used to...but were great after that

I still think he mixes you too low, I know no one else seems to hear it, I'd just like to hear you a tad louder, maybe Im biased...my vocals rarely work out, so i enjoy hearing ones in electronic stuff that do

good sample as well..I know it dates it but I love spoken samples in tracks

all round another win Tom....do you have any plans to do something with these tracks? they are pretty sterling

awesome fella...love the synths at the beginning, folks say my stuff can be 3D but i saw that part fly in front of me, methinks his gear must be a little better lol....do you think you could get a breakdown of what synths he's using on some of your tracks?

your singing is spot on again..the doubled vocals took a second to get used to...but were great after that

I still think he mixes you too low, I know no one else seems to hear it, I'd just like to hear you a tad louder, maybe Im biased...my vocals rarely work out, so i enjoy hearing ones in electronic stuff that do

good sample as well..I know it dates it but I love spoken samples in tracks

all round another win Tom....do you have any plans to do something with these tracks? they are pretty sterling

Thanks man. I know he uses cuabse as a DAW, and I also know he is a very successful corporate big-wig , so i imagine he's got some oomph in his home setup. I'll email him tonightand see what he uses.

We've had play on some industrial/goth radio internet sites out of Europe (the only ones who care about this stuff anymore) but that's about it plans wise. We both have careers and enjoy our hobby, but can't afford to do the play out of van thing (even if we could).

As the vocalist, I am usually hyper-aware if I think the vox are too low; what hardware are you listening to the recordings on?

Perhaps it's a combimation ofthe mp3 rendering and assload of effects?

Thanks man. I know he uses cuabse as a DAW, and I also know he is a very successful corporate big-wig , so i imagine he's got some oomph in his home setup. I'll email him tonightand see what he uses.

We've had play on some industrial/goth radio internet sites out of Europe (the only ones who care about this stuff anymore) but that's about it plans wise. We both have careers and enjoy our hobby, but can't afford to do the play out of van thing (even if we could).

As the vocalist, I am usually hyper-aware if I think the vox are too low; what hardware are you listening to the recordings on?

Perhaps it's a combimation ofthe mp3 rendering and assload of effects?

I listened to this on my PC, DAW isnt on today...but Im pretty used to them as I listen to most stuff on them

that being said its a personal preference I think...my rule of thumb is that if more than three people I trust in here say the same thing its normally right...generally im wrong :)

getting radio play is something to be happy about...I dont think people with careers can really expect much more unless they had a bit of luck..but you never know, its certainly good enough for more

No there must be a trend.

Perhaps in my own head the golden majesty that is my voice sounds several times louder than what anyone else can actually hear? :eek:

i think it might be because you know the lyrics so you hear it clearer....

like i said asking to turn them up is a compliment..everyone says my vocals are too loud ;)

OK then, here's no. 3 saying that your awesome vocals should be a little louder!:D
Tom ,
your stuff is totally awesome and fascinating. It's not the poppy shitty plastic electronic stuff you hear on the mainstream stations. It has a certain darkness in it that I love, just like in Keith's music. So keep them coming!:)

I agree, the 3-d image is unreal on this, side to side and floating in the middle, especially during the intro. Forgive my ignorance, but wtf is that?...is that obtained by "automation"?

Holy F**kin EXCELLENT track Okieman!

WOW!!! This one really blew me away!!!
I really dig the use of synths in this one!
and the voice "didn't" remind me of "Rock me Amadeus" this time!!!:D
Excellent production...and I believe my favorite part is the lyrics!
and the reverse reverb at the end:D
Good stuff!

holy f**kin excellent track okieman!

Wow!!! This one really blew me away!!!
I really dig the use of synths in this one!
And the voice "didn't" remind me of "rock me amadeus" this time!!!:d
excellent production...and i believe my favorite part is the lyrics!
And the reverse reverb at the end:d
good stuff!

:d:d:d

VERY 3D - are you going to do a 5.1 mix as well? Serioulsy, you & KC should consider such.
I like the vocal level & the fact that I'll have to listen a few times to het more than the gist of the lyric.
It's Kraftwerl vocal level in the mix - or maybe studio Rammestien (sic).
Have you listened to Laidbach?
Cool stuff anyway.
hang on, this is a conspiracy! You & KC are trying to sublimate messages that undermine my market economy commitment to R.O.C.K.
Shame on you.

VERY 3D - are you going to do a 5.1 mix as well? Serioulsy, you & KC should consider such.
I like the vocal level & the fact that I'll have to listen a few times to het more than the gist of the lyric.
It's Kraftwerl vocal level in the mix - or maybe studio Rammestien (sic).
Have you listened to Laidbach?
Cool stuff anyway.
hang on, this is a conspiracy! You & KC are trying to sublimate messages that undermine my market economy commitment to R.O.C.K.
Shame on you.

LOL- you're onto us!

This sounds great. I too wish that the vocals were mixed more prominently. Great use of effects on this. My daughter overheard and came over thinking this might turn into that song "you spin me right round baby right round like a record baby..." or whatever - which I can kind of see based on the beat alone. Perhaps not a flattering comparison (I wouldn't know), but there you go...Really does sound great though. I have no problems with the mix other than the vocal levels.

Very full sounding mix on headphones. I thought the vocal level was pretty well spot on. Great melodies. Vocal reminded me a little of the Human league. Nice n heavy for a synth tune. I like this kind of thing. Keep em coming

cool stuff, makes me feel all euro trash or something like that. my only nitpick > the main synth sounds pretty sweet, and then when the body of the song comes in, the timbre of the mix sounds a bit dull and mono in comparison, i.e., i think the rest of the mix should be set up as wide (stereo image) and deep (frequency range) as the intro synth line.

cool stuff, makes me feel all euro trash or something like that. my only nitpick > the main synth sounds pretty sweet, and then when the body of the song comes in, the timbre of the mix sounds a bit dull and mono in comparison, i.e., i think the rest of the mix should be set up as wide (stereo image) and deep (frequency range) as the intro synth line.

Cool- thanks for the input man.

Back