Note to Ghost

Derek Verner

My typo substituting ""U" for "I" changed the whole meaning of my post. I meant I was feeling the warmth, not you.

The letters on my HP keyboard were printed on rather than engraved. They have alnost all worn off to invisibility and I am no touch typist.

Well, all things considered, a new computer keyboard is a small investment and probably one worth 100 times the price to someone who is fighting the illiteracy war at times so, I would suggest you breakdown and spend ten bucks on a new one.

If you can not afford one and are in Toronto in the future, drop by my place and I will give you a spare I have kicking around that has never been used and is still in the box.

Until then, perhaps a Sharpie pen could be used to re-write the letters that are missing and worn out on yours?

Helpfully yours,

GFM:)

I tried the Sharpie thing. It disappears in a few hours. I have about five old keyboards lying around but I love the extra keys on the HP board. It may even help me to learn typing

No offense intended but, if you haven't learned touch typing at this stage of the game, odds are that you never will.

Ok. Spend 30 bucks and order a new one from HP or check out the Microsoft line of keyboards that have loads of hot button functions along the top that are programmable to suit your needs.

Geotype also offers a series of rub-on letting in various fonts and sizes that also might be worth a try and available at most office supply type stores like Staples or Business Depot. Nail hardeners or varnish applied over the lettering might also increase the service life of the lettering.

Clean fingers are also beneficial for various uses too!

Cheers! :)

Back