Not to be played while on acid

TravisinFlorida said:
i think i'd just have sex with it instead.

A lady from North Carolina
Put fiddle strings 'cross her vagina
With the proper size cocks
What was sex became Bach's
Tacata and Fugue in D minor

- Isaac Asimov

Holy Shit! :eek:

Looks like some kind of harp on the back of it....?!

Picasso got into instrument building huh?

That'll break someone of the "change strings before every show" habit!

Christ just the preamp controls on top of the thing would confuse the crap outta me. There's at least 5 knobs and a few switches on there.

You know, if those were "pleasure enhancers" instead of guitar necks, and the preamp controlled vibration, I might buy one

Holy Schmagoly! Can you image the tension on that thing? It looks like one small crack would make it implode into another dimension!

ggunn said:

- Isaac Asimov

C'mon. Did Isaac really write that? :confused:

EddieRay said:
Holy Schmagoly! Can you image the tension on that thing? It looks like one small crack would make it implode into another dimension!
The page says that when in tune there's about 1000 lbs of tension on it! The force of a broken string would be life threatining!

ggunn said:

- Isaac Asimov

Tocata and Fugue is an organ Piece, otherwise, fucking HILARIOUS!

EddieRay said:
C'mon. Did Isaac really write that? :confused:

Absolutement! Isaac wrote sci-fi, mysteries, and nonfiction, and he was master of the limerick, especially ones of a ribald nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecherous_Limericks

Aside: I have a personal post card from him where he concedes that an error in one of his nonfiction math books was indeed an error on his part and not my mistake as he said in his first post card, which my brother-in-law has.

Great limerick :p THe guitar, if you could call it that, would be the tech nightmare. Yes you would have to take the day off to restring.

I'm assuming Metheny has a dynamite sense of humour and is still laughing at the joke he played on the luthier... :rolleyes:

Armistice said:
I'm assuming Metheny has a dynamite sense of humour and is still laughing at the joke he played on the luthier... :rolleyes:

Well, he plays it in the studio on a fairly regular basis (don't ask me how!), and Linda is proud enough of it that she shows it off in many different forms of advertising (a mistake, if you ask me, as she spends most of her time making really dynamite, but fairly conventional, arch tops, and that thing just doesn't do much to show off her work. But that's just me, and what do I know).

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back