Not new to the forum... but the forum is new to me!

rushfan33

Ever went back to visit a place you lived many years ago to find it completely changed? That's what it's like for me with this site. Been a member since 2002. Stopped playing (and visiting this site) about 2003, visited once in 2008 and haven't been back until today. The place looks a lot different (looks good!!). I went from a respectable recording studio and a solid skill base, and quit music cold turkey to raise a family and start a career. Now that my kids are older and becoming little men I once again have the itch to play and record. My kids are both hooked on Rush and want to play instruments. I sold everything but a few guitars and basses. I'm starting from scratch. Being a drummer I started there by buying a Roland TD12. I love it already. I have Cakewalk Sonar from the old days... but it still works great. I look forward to catching up and being a part of the forum again.
Since 33 was my age when I signed up, I'm should now be Rushfan45!! :)

I remember you from the ancient times. I took a short hiatus too for a bit. Welcome back sir.

I know why I decided to not have kids - I've heard the same from a few people, coming back to playing after 12, 15 or 18 years.

Here we are yet once again. A bit of an update... I ditched the electronic drums and started from scratch (again). I loved the V-Drums for a minute. The novelty of it was alluring. But once I started recording things I immediately noticed the yuck! I may as well have just used an SR16. So then I bought Superior Drummer 2, thinking that would be better. Nope! So I bit the bullet and bought a new Tama set, a bunch of outboard gear, mics, a big ole' mixer, and sound treatment for my room. I'm just now getting to some resprectable sounding drums. My two kids' aspirations have also changed. One is a Kevin Dubrow fanatic (9 years old). The other (13 years old) was featured on a TV music program as a snare drummer. But now wants to design video games. I'm just about ready to start some serious recording and playing again. Hopefully I can participate more in the forums and learn from the great members here.
PS... as far as the kids go I have no regrets. I have 2 of the most awesome kids on the plant. Though a bit biased, we get a lot of compliments on how well behaved and considerate they are. We'll have to see. :)

Hey! I'm back after 4 years too. Arthritis took my hands away from me most days, but I can still mess around. I started working on my voice. If anyone remembers, the kindest thing anyone ever said about my singing was that I sounded like two cats fighting. I hope I've improved.

Back