not getting an output from cubase (audiophile 2496, is my card)

idrisguitar

before i explain, i have done evewrything by the book, the master asio is m-audio, all the buses are set up etc.

i have tested many things to see what is wrong but i need help I CANT GET AN OUTPUT

the input is fine, it record and you can visible see it has recorded what i just played.

my setup is pc to mixer, so the ins and outs of the m-aidiio audiophile 2496 card are connect to the outs and ins of the mixer,

to make sure its not the cable (currently connected to the output of the pc) that is making it not playback i switched them and input still work like with the other cable meaning both cables are fine.

so now the other thing it could be is the in ports on the mixer, eg. the data is output from the computer to the mixer fine, but the in ports aren;t working and therefore it cant get the audio and put it into the monitors.

the other thing which could be the worst thing is the output ports on the sound card aren;t working,

even though in the m-audio control panel you can see the output audio when playing it in cubase,

does this mean the ports are working properly and the audio is going through, if it does then unless i have missed something obvious within cubase itself i think its the mixer that is the dead link in the chain.

the mixer is

Behringer UB1202FX

as i said before the input goes in fine and records (you can see the waves) and when i play back you can see the output meter on the tray in cubase become active, and in the control panel you can see the output, yet for some reaosn, with working cables, all connected properly, working monitors (as i can hear the input (as the mixer outputs that hrough the conrol room as well as sending it to the pc anyway)

i had this setup working a while ago, until i the monitors broke, then today i had another cubase problem and had to reinstall (as well as getting the new monitors today),

sorry im rambling on, it could be a number of things causing this problem, and i have been so unlucky setting this studio up, at least 6% of the items i have bought have broke, and im not exxaggerating, i just want this thing set up

oh one last thing, i cant here any sounds form cubase it self, ei the clicks, or midi when here should be, when i play with click on , again i can see the output of the m-audio click so again it is transmitting, just not getting through

thanks

Last edited:
Hi idrisguitar,

I might have missed something in your post, but in the M-audio control panel are all the faders up, and the outputs for channel 1&2 set to 'monitor mixer'?

If so, then I am at a bit of a loss. Given your description, it seems that everything prior to the outputs on the card are working.

Dags

Back