Not exactly an audio question, but where else to go?

mbuster

I just got DSL(finally!) at home. everything seems to work great, except I cant open links to songs . Like if someone posts a link to their MP3, I always get a little pop up message saying "Internet explorer cannot open xxxx.mp3 could not connect to server" or something like that. It happens when I right click and "save as". If I left click, I just get the old "Page Not Found" screen in the browser. I did find a selection in the Internet options tab called "Use Passive FTP (for firewall and DSL Modem compatibility)". I checked that box, but still no dice. Any ideas, computer folk?

Have you updated your system with the lastest updates from Microsoft ?

Is the windown media player your default player for MP3's ? I know that there is an update for it available as well as for IE explorer.

I'd give that a try first.

dunno could be firewall software settings causing some sort of problem. How many different site have you tried it on?

ya maybe it's just coinsidence that the files you tried to download are actually not there. maybe try opeining an mp3 off of the net that you know for sure exists. i know that my music files are for sure working on my webpage so try to open them and let us know what happens www.freewebs.com/rubyfreeze haha thats not a promo stunt, i'm just trying to help.

minofifa: Thanks, I tried a couple links from your site and they did begin a download.
Everyone else: I also detirmined that streaming works fine. It may have been just some bad links. And a coincidence that it was like 4 in a row.

Back