Not a guitar, but...

Me myself & him

I have a 21 stringed instrument, it's acoustic, and I need to be able to walk around on stage with it. I would really like a wireless mic system for it. Any suggestions?

holy feak. 21 strings?! thats madness. but um......i have no idea why im posting this. I dont know about "wireless" i have a cable. and I even dont know how to use it. sad huh? lol

Freak

Aww man

I hope nobody thought I was joking, I'm dead serious, and I've got gigs coming up soon!.

I've heard of wireless pickups and Lavalier mics, but I don't know
where to begin, if these are good or not. Can't anybody help!
Please:(

Well, we've got a 21 stringed instrument too- actually 22! You can see it on my web site www.bardwire.com. Check the pics off the project page. We use an old Barcus Berry transducer inside on the soundboard, which can be cabled up or jacked into a wireless system. Then to a good preamp, a power amp, and a cab. The strap arrangement to support it took a little work, but it's fine. That's our solution- maybe you'd better describe your instrument a little more clearly-Richie

Thanks guys

Hey Pete, is the AST connected to a cable? Do you have to plug it in? I couldn't tell from the website.

Hey richie, here's a picture, hope you can see the sound hole.

I was in a showcase last summer where I was provided with a tiny mic and a pack called a Lavalier, it sounded pretty good, but is it a good concept? or is it not worth it. I really would prefer something without wires, that's why I don't want pick-ups. The Lavalier had one wire from the mic to the transmitter pack, and a seperate receiver plugged into the mixer. But it's pretty expensive. Maybe the pic can give you guys better ideas.

S.B.

Attachments

• transkora3.gif
    transkora3.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 43
philboyd studge said:
From there you'll need a jack with a small preamp built in cause if it goes directly to the wireless transmitter it'll usually be too weak a signal to process properly.

I'm a little confused now, do you mean for the contact transducer to plug into the pre-amp, then from the pre-amp to the wireless mic system?

Back