hi there all, was just doing some bundling/unbundling and all but one of the
twelve songs were fine.
but this one song bundled just fine with out any sing of trouble but when i
go to unbundle it sonar just says "not a cakewalk format file" :( i am
screwed this is the 12th track off a 12 track album and yes it is a studio
where people pay for there time and it's not my album and they don't know
about it yet and it was the BACKUP!!!! i thought that .bun was a great way
to back up? where the heck was the warning that bundles can go corrupt at
any time with out warning and with out sonar complaining.

this is most disturbing and any help is very welcome.

Stephen Howard

sonar 2.2
windows XP SP1a

thanks for the link but its about a .cwp file and my problem is with a .cwb file but i will try the safe mode thing and the opening it on another machine making a small change and then trying to open it up back on the first machine again

thanks for the reply

Stephen Howard

Mysterious Crash

This is definitely a Sonar software issue, as I've had this problem several times and lost some pretty big .CWB files. It is annoying as hell, especially after you work on a file for a few days and then it becomes currupted in this manner. I've never been able to restore my data and I have Sonar on two different systems. When I contacted Cakewalk they said to change the CWB ext to a WAV ext and open the file as a single wave file, then re-sequence the entire project. Not an exceptable solution if you ask me! Let us know if you come up with something better

In future, the best way to save your work is using 'per-project folders'. It saves the wav files as individual files in a sub directory called audio. In a worst case senario, either one wave file would get corrupt or if the cwp file is corrupt, you just create a new project and import the audio.

Porter

thanks for the advice Porter, but that doesn’t apply to because i already use per-project audio folder. the reason why i started bundling in the first place was, because when a project is unbundled i have noticed that it plays back with quite a lower hard drive usage. sonar must interlace the .wav's coming out of the bundle. so it’s a really nice way of squeezing maximum performance out of my hard drive system.

the bundling process also renames all the clips with the project title and track title that there are on. very nice indeed, especially when you got 100 to 220 tracks per project.

Stephen Howard,

evie7 said:
thanks for the advice Porter, but that doesn’t apply to because i already use per-project audio folder. the reason why i started bundling in the first place was, because when a project is unbundled i have noticed that it plays back with quite a lower hard drive usage. sonar must interlace the .wav's coming out of the bundle. so it’s a really nice way of squeezing maximum performance out of my hard drive system.
But I still wouldn't use bundles. You can just compact your audio (getting rid of the unused slipediting information, etc) by using the Compact Audio under Tools. Tha's what bundles basically do different than Folder-Per-Project (excep Folder-Per-Projects many advantages). :)

And why are you worrying about the Disk Usage? If it's not too high, then it's okay.

Back