Noob saying whats up!

MrMcSick

First post. Glad I finally found a site like this. My name is Justin, Im 27 and Im an alcoholic lol. Im from Pittsburgh. My favorite type of music is metal but I listen to tons of stuff from classic rock to old school rap sometimes and some jazz ect.

Got my first piece of crap guitar when I was like 12 or somewhere around there. First drum set @ 15. switched from playing guitar to playing drums when I was 16 to start a band with my friend. First stab at recording with a tascam 4 track. Did 4 songs for us and about 10 for my buddies band. After that we joined up with 3 of our other friends that already had a death metal band started. Played lots of shows and even opened up for some national acts. Rented a Roland 8 track hard disk recorder and some mics and made a cd. That was in 1999. Acouple months later we broke up.

My self and the bass player started a new thing experimenting with some rock and funk ect. 2000 we formed another band and played a variety of music, evey song was a different style, from nu metal to jazz to pop. Recorded on a tascam 8 track reel to reel and dumped the mix onto a computer. Turned out pretty crappy lol. Played some local shows then called it quits. Sold my drums.

The bass player and 1 guitarist went on to form a jazz/funk/pop band with another drummer. A year later they had no luck looking for a singer so I joined them. Learned their songs wrote some lyrics and off we went. Did acouple demos with a 4 track in there. Bass player bought a tascam digital 8 track with the cd burner option. Rented some decent mics and I recorded about 20 songs. Turned out pretty good. Played some local shows. Done.

That brings us to 2006. Started playing guitar alot again. Started messing around with Sonar and Amplitube. Got extrememly interested. Ran guitar to a digitech death metal distortion pedal, left it off though cause it sucks. It acted as a signal booster/ preamp for the clean guitar signal. Ran it from there into the Line in on the back of my comp and went to town.

Got ezdrummer with the drumkit from hell expansion and borrowed a M-audio oxygen 8 midi controller. Recorded 7 songs. Sounds great. Took sooo much time though. Eventually lost interest due to time.

2008 - Bought another drum set finally, still piecing it together though. Picked up a Lexicon Omega USB interface. Borrowed my buddies Peavey 6 string bass and laid down bass tracks to the songs I wrote above. Brings me to present. Need to get some money and pick up an ok condesor/vocal mic so I can put some vocs to these songs.

I'll post links to my bands if wanted.

Later.

Back