noob alesis dm5 to trigger easy drummer.

Tommyten

hello all,

nice informative site, i am a noob, but ive dabbled with Acid and soundforge, and i used to DJ quite a bit, also into recording live bands, both audio and video - check out www.youtube.com/dtmasters

I`m now starting to record at home, i have an alesis DM5 surge kit and a midi to usb converter to conect to PC, i have spent 5 hours already trying to connect it up so that the kit triggers ezdrummer.

I know basiscs of cubase i have a M-Audio oxygen usb keyboard and that triggers ezdrummer fine.

i believe i have all the midi setings from the DM5 set up o.k but there is something that either i have done wrong or do not understand.

I see in cubase> devices there is an option to add a DM5, but i don`t know if i have to or what needs doing from this point.

i have my guitar wired up o.kand its just the drums i need help with.

many thanks, happy easter.

fixed, i just started up the pc, and it worked fine, just selected gm drum map and it worked a treat, don`t know what i was doing wrong yesterday. just need to fix latency as theres a bit of a delay from what im playing.

i`m going to update this with little tips for anyone with a DM5 kit, i searched high and low for tips but could`nt find any, so what ever i can work out or tweak i will stick in this thread, specialy for midi noobs, it may come in handy?

dm5

Hey, I am currently trying to trigger Ez Drummer with my DM5 surge. What settings do you use on the DM5 midid thru etc....? I use a midi to usb into the Pc but get nothing Im trying to trigger EZ drummer as a stand alone for now but would ideally trigger it through Ableton live 8..................any tips would be great

Cheerz

Back