Noise issues according to location

tenants

I'm having a very frustrating problem with my home recording setup, and am hoping beyond hope someone can shed some light...

My friend and I have been recording our live gigs using a pair of Mackie Tapco Link.USB interfaces (the setup is a little complicated, we have four inputs coming from a number of different sources), and thus far we've gotten very good recordings with very little noise. However, when I brought our setup into my new apartment and tried to record a guitar track, I got very loud and distracting noise with what sounds like radio interference.

I reduced the whole setup down to one Tapco interface, the guitar plugged directly into it with a 10-foot cable (tried two different Tapcos and several different cables, so I figure it's not the equipment), and even if I move to a different room the problem persists. I've unplugged the TV and the wifi in here, and as far as I know we're not next to any power transformers or anything that might release a strong electromagnetic field. We're on the third floor corner apartment as well, with no overhanging power lines. Again, I've tried in different rooms with exactly the same result.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it, thank you!!

Back