Noise in monitors

Jack Real

Hi

Since I moved to my new condo, I hear noize in my active studio monitors. It is intermittent but I can not relate this to any electrical appliance (it is not related to the movement of the elevator also). Is there a way to isolate my monitors from the noise comming out of the electrical outlet ?

Thanks,

Jack Real.

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions, I will shop for this during the week-end. I noticed that the noise is not generated by my monitors because when I turn off the receiver, the noise go away. Basically, it is a noise comming out of the receiver that is amplified by my studio monitors.

/Jack Real.

Hi

I bought a power conditioner and it did not improve things much. I think if I can reduce the volume of the signal comming out of the receiver though a passive mixer, I will probably reduce the corresponding noise. Is there a passive device that can reduce the volume comming out of a receiver ?

Thanks,

Jack Real.

Hi

This is what I found on the web:

http://www.music123.com/Rolls-MX42-RCA-Stereo-Mini-Mixer-i138112.music

I think this is what I need. Today, the output of my receiver is very low because it feeds my studio monitors so I soon as there is noise, I hear it because the Signal/Noise ratio is low. If I send the output of the receiver to this mixer, by lowering the output of the mixer, I can increase the volume of my receiver so my Signal/Noise ratio will be better. Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Jack Real.

Back