No Sounds coming from monitors

Slinky3

Hello i have an mbox and my monitors are not making any sound. Ever since i installed window media player 10 it has been acting a little wierd but now there is no sound at all please help

I have been trying everything, system restore, making sure wmp and reason are routed to mbox chan 1-2 they are.

They turned on? Got your outputs selected correctly? Windows volume control? Pluged in to the right outputs? Try headphones too. Did you suddenly go deaf perhaps? :D

What did you say i cannot hear you? just joking not deaf, Monitors are turned on, plugged in fine have not touched or changed anything with them or mbox, mbox volume turned up, headphones don't produce sound either.

What do you mean by "outputs selected correctly"
Thanks

Are you sure they aren't in the inputs? I mix them up all the time on my Delta 66, try and check the special sound control panel that comes with it, play a song in windows media and see if you can see the levels going up and down.

-jeffrey

sorry if i sound stupid, i barely use media player, what do you mean about specail sound control panel that comes with it?

Slinky, Your recording program gives you several choices for output. You have to select your card as the output source. For some unknown reason, your system will default to your system's output source rather than the card. I run Cubase and Sonar and my Cubase keeps defaulting output to my computer's monitors rather than my Emu soundcard. So I have to make sure my output is set correctly before I start recording. Its aggrivating!!

For media player i went to tools-devices-speakers and it is on mbox chan 1-2 (emulated)

For Reason it is on asio digidesign driver

i am pretty sure that is what you are talking about still there is no sound

it has never done anything like this before, but i don't remember the "(emulated)" part ever being there can that be something

That could very well be the problem. I checked my setup and have no "emulated". See if you can click off of emulated in your settings but make sure you can go back to it if you need to.

Here are my options in windows media player:

Default Direct Sound Device
Direct Sound: Digidesign Mbox: Chan 1-2 (emulated)
Direct Sound: Realtek AC97 Audio
--------------------------------------
But if this is in windows media player why wouldn't reason work?

Do i need to update my drivers or something like that? I don't know all that tech stuff

All i have is voice playback, sound playback, midi music playback, sound recording, and voice recording
Nothing that says inputs or outputs. I am using xp if that helps

Also in the hardware setup in protools:

INPUTS:
Mic/Line 1-2
Mic/Line 1
Mic/Line 2

OUTPUTS:
Analog 1-2
Analog 1-2.L
Analog 1-2.R

so...
Pro Tools isn't playing back audio
and Windows Media Player isn't playing back audio, correct?

To start off, I'd download these again and install them: http://akdownload.digidesign.com/support/70/Digidesign_Audio_Drivers_70.zip

Second, you can't use Pro Tools and Windows Media player at the same time, so make sure you're not trying to do that.
In Pro Tools go to the I/O setup under Setups and make sure the output is configured properly. You can read your manual on this or just hit the Default button at the bottom to make sure it's reset to factory default. Also check the session setup window to make sure the output is not set to digital S/PDIF 1-2. (Ctrl or Apple+2)
After doing all that, then try do this and restart the computer: http://www.protoolsforum.com/DigiPrefs.html

I GOT SOUND!!!!!! I just uninstalled protools and reinstalled it, everything is working now wmp, reason, pt everything
Thanks to everyone who helped me out

Back