No sound playback on my computer/DAW using the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4

ktmay2

Hi HomeRecording,
I have just received a new Scarlett 2i4 but I am not getting any sort of audio playback in any DAW or on any application in my computer! When I plug a mic in I can hear myself through my headphones but when I record, no sort of audio signal is inputted in the DAW.
Help would be very much so appreciated,
Katie :)

Sorry Jimmy! My DAW is Cubase AI5 but I have also tried recording/playback in Ableton Live Lite 8 but it doesn't work on either. My computer is a 6GB RAM Asus N55SF.
Thanks!

Ok, first check HERE to make sure your Scarlet software is up to date. You say you have no playback through the unit. Meaning you have no playback either from DAW, Windows Media Player, Youtube, etc?

OS you are using? If Windows 7, click Start>Control Panel>Sound. Make sure the Scarlet is your default playback and recording device.

Next, open Cubase. At top of screen in open project, go to Devices>Device Setup...>VST Audio System. From the drop-down menu, select your interface. I do not know what it will be called, but definitely isn't DirextX or the Generic one.

See if any of this helps, then come back.

:)

Ok, first check HERE to make sure your Scarlet software is up to date. You say you have no playback through the unit. Meaning you have no playback either from DAW, Windows Media Player, Youtube, etc?

OS you are using? If Windows 7, click Start>Control Panel>Sound. Make sure the Scarlet is your default playback and recording device.

Next, open Cubase. At top of screen in open project, go to Devices>Device Setup...>VST Audio System. From the drop-down menu, select your interface. I do not know what it will be called, but definitely isn't DirextX or the Generic one.

See if any of this helps, then come back.

:)

Thanks for your help! Turns out however that the problem was just fixed on a fluke - after like 5 times of restarting my computer it finally worked for no apparent reason! Weird, huh?
Thank you anyway :)

Not weird really. Crazy stuff always seems to happen with PC's. Like little trolls are in there messing with us. lol

You do need to download & install the new drivers as recommended inthe box. I'm still getting used to the scarlette with Reaper. You def need to install the mixer software on your comp & then use the Scarlette mixer screen to make sure you have things set up properly. the Manual isn't bad & there's default setting for basic DAW recording of the 1st track & then another for multitracking.

Back