no sound from MIDI controller in Logic Pro

what in the HELL is Logic's problem?!?! I can plug my M-Audio Oxygen 61 MIDI controller into my powerbook via USB, start up any other DAW in the world and hear sound.

But Logic?

No.

What the hell?!??! It works in Reason but not in Logic Pro!!!!

I still don't understand why everyone jizzes all over this software when you have to struggle to get anything done with it. It's like whoever designed Logic never used Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cakewalk, Cubase, Cool Edit, and just decided to design it like a retarded monkey would.

jesus christ!

Oh my Lord, I feel that pain.
Seriously need help I've submitted a post, I'm being rather impatient actually, but i've tried and tried and tried for weeks on end since i got my new E-mu X board 49 which is an absolute pain in the arse and logic will not pick up on anything despite what i do-i hear nothing from the software instrument.

Suggestions Please, i would appreciate it so so much. :( !

what in the HELL is Logic's problem?!?! I can plug my M-Audio Oxygen 61 MIDI controller into my powerbook via USB, start up any other DAW in the world and hear sound.

But Logic?

No.

What the hell?!??! It works in Reason but not in Logic Pro!!!!

I still don't understand why everyone jizzes all over this software when you have to struggle to get anything done with it. It's like whoever designed Logic never used Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cakewalk, Cubase, Cool Edit, and just decided to design it like a retarded monkey would.

jesus christ!

I´m new to Logic and had that same problem with my USB connected M-Audio keyboard. Finally got sound by creating a software track and using any software intstrument or no selection at all in the IN window...

Dug up another potential solution (that solved the problem for me):

Logic Pro
> Preferences
> MIDI
> General (tab)
> Reset All MIDI Drivers (button)

Drop a note back if this helps.

it works

Hi, this is JJGG and I'm using an oxygen 47-key on a Macbook laptop.
yeah the 'reset all midi drivers' worked great, also make sure you select "output: surround" when opening a new software instrument track. By the way does anyone know the difference between having a multi-timbral track or not? Meaning that, creating a mutli-timbral track makes a whole bunch of tracks (16 in my case) pop up at once, whereas no checking 'multi-timbral' means only one happy little track pops up. What are the pros and cons for each one, does anyone know?
Thanks a ton guys

similar problem

i'm having the same problem with not being able to hear my midi keyboard when i play. none of the fixes listed above work. i add the track as a midi external and when i push the keys, the programs reads that i'm pushing the keys and tells me what notes i'm pushing, but i hear nothing. when i use it in garageband, i have no problems hearing it. help me, please.

Very similar issue... I am using a Fatar SL-990 midi controller, ran through a Tascam audio interface, into Logic Pro 9. As I press the keys on the midi keyboard, the notes and values are displays in Logic where the "In" box is. However, no audio is heard and just under where the midi values are displayed, the words "No Out" never change. I am guessing this issue is with the settings in Logic...(?)

Thanks

Back