No signal from my Lexicon Alpha in Cubase or Guitar Rig

The Inebirati

Set-up: Lexicon Alpha audio interface for use with Guitar Rig 5 and Cubase.

I've been using this set-up for about half a year now and suddenly it wont work. When I plug my guitar into my Alpha I can hear the clean audio sound through my headphones so I know it's picking up the sound from my guitar. However no matter what I try I can't get Cubase or Guitar Rig to pick up the sound any more. In both programs I have the ASIO Alpha driver selected and I have the correct VST input and output ports selected. I've tried various USB ports, and i've re-installed the Lexicon Alpha driver. I'm at a loss of what to do next since I see no reason how it can have broken when my computer detects it fine, and i'm recording in the exact same way i've recorded many times before.

The issue also carries over to my Mic.

Tried a different USB cable?

I'm considering ordering one, but I don't think that there would be a problem if the computer recognises it every time I connect it. My only other option being to order a new AI, but I don't want to do that either if it's simply a problem somewhere in the settings :/

It's not a standard USB cable?
Can you play back existing recordings (Cubase) through the Lexicon? In Cubase you should not have ANY VST selected to ge tthe guitar and/or mic signal into it, just the input (and output) device.

Back