no recording on the 15th track!

Erik713

Running HS 2004 on an XP machine with a Delta1010 sound card.

I've got a song with 15 tracks. The first 14 tracks recorded with no problems. However, now whenever I try to record any more tracks, nothing gets recorded. Yes, the track is armed for recording, yes there is audio signal going to the track, yes I've hit record and not play, and yes I've restarted the program and the computer. Oh, and now I can't record on any of the other tracks either.

Please help!!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!

-Erik

D'oh! I have done this many times before too.......

I have asked Cakewalk for a "STUPIDITY ALERT" as a blinking indicator in the status bar. Just something that glows green when I am operating normally and blinks red when I am being a dick.

:) Q.

haha...yeah, that'd help. By recording with the auto-punch on, i also lost about four bars at the end of the song on two tracks.

double-doh.

I recently had the same problem and took me a while to realize it. I've now made the Recording Options toolbar viewable, so that I can always see what my option is set to. Not quite as good as the "STUPIDITY ALERT" (that would be a huge help for me, although would be on almost constantly :D), but it does help some.

I personally don't like how the recording options are set up. I would like it better if recording options were limited to Blend or Replace. Then, auto-punch could be a totally separate thing you could turn on or off. Then, the punched recording would either Blend with or Replace what was there. Now, as far as I can tell, it will only do Replace when auto-punching.

I've given up trusting myself and just record overdubs to a seperate track and then manually match them up myself.

I leave everything set to BLEND and it seems to be working pretty well for me.

Q.

Erik713 said:
hahaha...nevermind. Forgot to turn auto-punch off :) thanks for your help guys.
Why how dumb! That absolutely never happened to me. Never. And it never happend to my wife, Morgan Fairchild, either. Yeah, that's the ticket. :rolleyes:

:D

Back