No More

gmiller1122

Addled but happy
Hey all --

Something new I'm working on. You'll notice by the cultural reference after the first chorus that the lyrics are old -- my friend wrote them about 10 years ago, and I'm just now getting around to recording them. Jeesh, nice friend, huh? :D

Anyway, I'm looking for your thoughts on...

Vocals
Reverb
Overall mix
Etc. -- anything you want to comment on, really...

It's the first song listed at top of page -- "No More"

Thanks a bunch.

http://www.geocities.com/gmiller1122/

Lots o' reverb on the kick and snare rim shot....I like reverb...but what do I know? Guitars and vocals sound nice and clean... The bass gtr is a little heavy in volume for my preference. Wah solo...nice...not overdone..good job there...less is more here. I like the sound of the vocal...nice n' crisp..not overbearing.(Harmonies would be nice) I think that the song structure and production are good. Recording and mix sounds good man. Strings at the end are a bit cheesy sounding...but hey...gotta work with what you got. good to hear someone who's playing understated gtr stuff man. Staying within your limits is a VERY smart way to satisfy your listeners. Overal man, nice job on everything....cept' the bass volume.

Hey, thanks a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I had concerns about all the things you mentioned...the bass maybe being loud, the strings being cheesy (they're from a low-end Yamaha keyboard).

As for the guitar lead, I had been doing way too much with it, and on my brother's suggestion, I simplified it greatly. I like it much better now.

Thanks again!

G

Back