no answer?

msgrape

Did my question about the quattro sound THAT stupid? I know I sometimes have trouble saying what I mean.
I guess I can connect my pc speakers to the quattro?
Thanks.

msgrape

You should have posted this in your original post.
But anyway...yes...you can use your PC speakers.
Assuming they are 1/8" connects, you will need to pick up a Y-split which converts from 1/8" to 1/4"
The 2 1/4" outs are stereo left/right

another question

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I wasn't clear in my first post.
There are 3 -1/8" connects coming from my speakers into my soundcard. Do I have to connect all 3 to the quattro? I apologize for knowing so little about this but I'm learning.......lol
There are 4 -1/4" outs on the quattro.
Do you think I'll like it if I ever get it going or did I make a not so good buy? I wanted something that I could add on to later if I wanted to.

Can't you just route the audio through software rather than making a cable connection? In Cubase VST, for example, you can send audio back to the interface using the ASIO driver or through the computer using the built in soundcard. On a Mac, you also need to make a change in the computer's sound control panel. I'm not sure how PC's handle this, but I assume its similar. That way you can avoid the trip to radio shack for 1/8" to 1/4" adapters. You can also save some money and, hopefully, start saving for some studio monitors rather than PC speakers.

quattro

Yes, I think I'll just go ahead and do that.........thanks for that info.
Maybe I got in over my head with this buy.
Boy do I have a lot to learn.
Thanks again.

Back