"No Air Nowhere"...Say that 10 times fast...:D

I did a song years ago with the line 'everybody talking at me'. It was good. Not as rocky as this one, though.
So did Glen Campbell, way before either of us two. :D

My first impression was that it was bass light with hyped highs. So I dl'ed it and bunged it into my daw and took a look at the frequency spectrum in my EQ plugin. The verdict? It's completely respectable. I messed with a highpass to see where your cutoff was and it's completely spot on. I don't get it. This comes across as bright to me, but the the EQ readout says it's a completely balanced frequency spectrum. Hm. I think I need new ears. Either that, or you're making things bright (like the snare) that most people don't make so bright and so it comes across as bright.

Nice tune, is all I got to say at this point. I have nothing to offer but my confusion. lol

If you redid the vocal, it worked.
Thanx man. I think the perceived "Thinness" is the guitar's fault. As I said earlier, this was the first tune I did right after getting my Fender Super Champ. I can hear that I still didn't know the amp well, because I used sounds for the guitars that I would never choose to use now. I'm pretty sure the bass and drums are fine, but those razor sharp guitars tend to make it sound as if the mix is thin. You're not going nuts, I hear it too. :)

Do people actually eat carp? I always thought carp was the scummiest fish in the lake and nobody who wasn't starving would even consider eating it. Maybe if you use the right breadcrumbs...

Song has perfect playing and timing, as is the norm for your stuff. Great vocals, and again excellent harmonizing at the chorus. Though I'm not listening on good speakers, the levels all sound right to me for this kind of song. Is the mix in your first post the same one you posted originally? I hear plenty of bass.

Perhaps you should "Weird Al" your own song and sing about breaded carp. Still can't believe people eat that shit.
Thanx a lot Not. Yeah, I haven't got around to re-mixing it since posting it.

Rami,

When I first listened I thought there is not enough Bass or lower spectrum frequencies (such as with some low freq keys or whatever), but by the time I got to the end my ears had acclimated enough to the point that I appreciated the tight mix without the wool.
Open! and it translates good on earphones etc and never gets muddy.

The song kicks!

Rami,

When I first listened I thought there is not enough Bass or lower spectrum frequencies (such as with some low freq keys or whatever), but by the time I got to the end my ears had acclimated enough to the point that I appreciated the tight mix without the wool.
Open! and it translates good on earphones etc and never gets muddy.

The song kicks!
Thanx t. Yeah, you and others have mentioned the bass "issue". Like I said, I think the thin guitars are the culprits. It's not a good enough song for me to re-track, but I agree with the first impression that it's thin.

Listening again as I type.
Link from 1st post.
Bass: a little less toppy than usual but that's works for the song. Solid & tight, has it's own space.
No issues for me.

Listening again as I type.
Link from 1st post.
Bass: a little less toppy than usual but that's works for the song. Solid & tight, has it's own space.
No issues for me.
Thanx a lot, Ray. :cool:

In my series of re-recording and/or re--mixing older tunes, here's another one.

This one is about 2 years old, I think. I changed, re-wrote and re-did the vocals and re-mixed it.

Not sure about the levels in general. Any help is always welcome.

Thanx

NO AIR NOWHERE

Have u ever tought about covering Scorpions.......? you shure has voice to it. To me you sounds alot like Klaus Meine.

-einar-
NORWAY

Have u ever tought about covering Scorpions.......? you shure has voice to it. To me you sounds alot like Klaus Meine.

-einar-
NORWAY

RAMI, I know you probably wouldn't want to do a lot of the mainstream stuff, but take a look at some stuff from Lonesome Crow. I think you could pull off In Search Of Some Peace Of Mind or I'm Going Mad with it's George of the Jungle drum beginning. Both have decent guitar playing, killer 70s bass and drum tones, some great vocal harmony parts. Good stuff. Bear in mind that I'm Going Mad is mostly instrumental with talking, but the guitar tones are a lot of fun.

lmao @ "breaded garbo" ...you could switch it out for "shredded carpet" and it'd still sound alright hahaha.

Anyway, I rather like it...enjoyed the listen. At first I though vox needed to come up more, but after listening a bit, I think they sit well.

Back