Nightmare!!

Aware

M-audio quattro that is, can some one tell me what software this product works with, i've found the drivers extremely unpredictable/unstable and a pain to install.

Tried with n-track and cooledit, sound distorts and is very low output, playback is intermittent or whenever it feels like it.
I can't even monitor the sound until i start recording.

someone cheer me up please, i 'm gutted i bought this.

thanks

Aware said:
M-audio quattro that is, can some one tell me what software this product works with, i've found the drivers extremely unpredictable/unstable and a pain to install.

Tried with n-track and cooledit, sound distorts and is very low output, playback is intermittent or whenever it feels like it.

thanks

you said it, the driver is unstable, i'd deal with that first, go to m-audio's site and try another, take two and call us back :)

Aware said:

thanks

try this, make a folder in C:\ for the driver (install it there) use the new hardware wizard in control panel to see the folder\C:\ m-audio driver... after you've uninstalled the useless driver of course, try the ASIO driver also, try them all really, start with the ASIO imho...

you may want to try the card in a different pci slot also, what OS are you running? possibly be a IRQ conflict? not sure...

systems info would be nice...

Fusion2 said:
you may want to try the card in a different pci slot also, what OS are you running? possibly be a IRQ conflict? not sure...

systems info would be nice...
*slap* :D
Have you any clue what you're talking about?
The Quattro is a USB device.

Aware: If you're using Windows XP, be sure that you have installed service pack 1.

christiaan said:

Aware: If you're using Windows XP, be sure that you have installed service pack 1.

heh :) missed that...

how about a USB driver update then' chech your bios for a config issue, if any...

SP1 may even help cause the issue? or not help it/slow it/etc etc, eh? never know with microfluff... lovely indeed...

imho try everything before adding M$ updates, USB has not been top priorty from what i've seen "with M$" v2.0 anyway, just enough to get it working, and use there/users help post to fix issues and let M$ take the credit, go figure...

christiaan said:

he may be using a USB card? eh? like in extra inputs? eh? humm, grabbing at straws "i am " :D

Aware said:

thanks

I hate to break it to you, but not too many people have had luck with this card. My suggestion would be to cut your losses and trade it in for something else. :(

Try reading reviews on the Quattro over at Zzounds.com

Fusion2 thanks for trying mate,

I tried about everything in the end, eventually got it to work in a fashion, i got it to record 2 independant tracks at the same time, even with the asio drivers, it just recorded 2 mono tracks into a stereo channel with only control over the whole stereo signal, i couldn't pan or fade etc the seperate mono tracks as you should.

I tried cubase/n-track/cool edit pro/ and cakewalk homestudio, funny thing is i probably got the most stability in n-track, a less known product that's just a few meg to download.......go figure!

Windows xp was the os, tried with and without updates, same either way.

For some reason the drivers kept swapping over to the duo too......pain.

I'd thought they'd included an headphone socket so you can record without patching into a mixer.......ie just hear the signals for play back......but oh no, no phones, even a onboard soundacard has phones......crap

anyway, had enough of this piece of crap, i'm taking it back to the shop to buy a zoom 1266cd............not my decision, the other guys in the band out voted me.lol

thanks again dudes for trying

karl

Back