nieta del sol REMIX

mark skinner

Here's a new instrumental I've been working on for too long . Pretty simple , MT Power drums , bass , 2 electric and one nylon acoustic track. Any feedback or suggestions for improvement will be Greatly appreciated. Thanks .. mark This link now reflects the remix.

Last edited:
Balance is good, sound pleases, the playing is great. Plus I like it. Mix comments on this one are way above my pay grade - for me, it's purely listenable.

Very fluid - enjoyable. I would go into MT's mixer and add full compression to the snare, just to take a little edge off of it. The rest is just beautiful, IMO.

Have you listened to the album Santana III ?

Thanks dobro for the great inspiring comments. Means a lot. Thanks spantini for the comments and suggestion. I've already hit it once but obviously not enough. My master compressor on the main mix is hitting pretty hard on the snare hits so , I'll for sure try and tame them before they get to the comp. Totally agree with you. Thanks .. mark PS .. I'll check out the Santana LP ms

Last edited:
Another enjoyable track.

I actually like the treatment on the snare the way you have it (what do they say about opinions and a.holes) but for me it's just 4dBish too loud, as is the cymbal. I'd try adjusting the levels before getting further involved with compression and see how it sounds.

Most of the time, I back the snare volume down a chunk on MTPDK. It seems like it's almost too strong compared to the hi hats and toms.

At some point, I'm going to figure out the midi map to send the midi recordings from MTPDK to my Alesis SR18. Then I would have a whole stack of other drum sets.

Thanks to everyone for the listen and comments. Here is a remix with changes made to the nylon guitar , drums and the ending. I think I'm happier with it.

[Halfway through first coffee, peers blearily at remix, makes mental note to put it on Friday night's to-do list]

I don't suppose the steampunk guitar in the picture is yours, by any chance?

Back