Ngd

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
I got an Axe-Fx Ultra off a guy.

gGh6xGy.jpg

I'll come back with some tones down the line and everybody can hate on me :laughings:
I'm already loving the "synth" capabilities. You can make some nice pad sounds for ambient music.

Congrats man!!!!! How much did that cost you, & what's the difference between that & the Axe FX II??? Is this just an older model???

900£.
I guess the II has more processing power. I don't really know.
I think that's why the ultra is still very popular. It doesn't sound different on youtuve clips.

Whoa. To me, that's a lot for what I'd consider a fancy toy. As far as pad sounds, wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to just get a midi controller keyboard?

Whoa. To me, that's a lot for what I'd consider a fancy toy. As far as pad sounds, wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to just get a midi controller keyboard?

It's not designed around being a synth. It just has a ton of effects that can make it sound like anything. It's got MIDI functions but I don't know how they work.

As far as it being a toy: I'd put it down to being a generational thing.
Most every large studio has some kind of high grade digital amp rack unit and countless bands use them. They're just easy to use, especially live, since they're small and portable and it has all of your effects and sounds in one device.
It's also pretty much the sound of modern metal next to Engl and Orange amps, if you're into that.

Plus, due to its software, people can create tones and you can download and share them, which is pretty cool.

If you'll let me shill for a bit, you can check out the website of artists that endorse it.
G66.eu - Artists
Take it with a grain of salt though. I think that most of them use it live but not in the studio.

As far as pad sounds, wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to just get a midi controller keyboard?

Buying a midi keyboard may be cheaper . . . but you also got to drive something with the keyboard, so you have to add in that cost.

And to get value from the keyboard, you need to be able to play it was well as you can play a guitar.

Back