NGD: Warmoth Partscaster (pics and video)

DrewPeterson7

Sage of the Order
Ok, I've had this one for about a month now, but I finally got around to recording some decent video of her in action today, so I'm just getting around to posting something now. :)

Essentially, this is a HH superstrat with the guts of a JS1000 (minus that push/pull on the volume tap, which I've never really seen the point on - I have a capacator wired in 100% of the time here), with prettier appointments. The neck is a Warmoth Modern carve, 6150 stainless fretwire, and a tung oil finish I applied - 8 coats, with all but the last two buffed back with 0000 steel wool, so as to leave a light gloss. The body is chambered swamp ash with a quilted dop and a contoured neck joint, and I had Warmoth finish it in blue burst. I have a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the neck and Fred in the bridge, a 3-way blade, and a push-pull coiltap on the tone pot. An Original Floyd Rose bridge with some Floyd Upgrades swaps (titanium string blocks, stainless bolts) rounds it out.

This thing sounds and plays awesome. The neck carve is perfect for me - essentially, it's a modern Strat profile. Fretwork is great, upper access is great for a Strat style, and it just plays effortlessly. Tonally, it's very clear and piano-like, and really seems to thrive in liquid-but-not-oversaturated mid-gain levels, which is perfect since that's what I tend to like.

Two videos - a playthrough of one of the songs on the album I'm just wrapping up:

Instrumental from my Upcoming Album - video playthrough - YouTube

...and then some SRV-like clean stuff with the coil tap engaged:

New Warmoth - Dimarzio PAF Pro and Fred, coil tapped, clean - YouTube

...and then two giant pictures:

Warmoth%2032.JPG

Warmoth%2033.JPG

I'm totally delighted with the way this came out. :D

Congrats! That's a great guitar. Looks good and sounds great. Your video of the clean sound puts me in mind of Hendricks and Phil Keaggy. Very nicely done. I love the blue with the pattern both front and back. That be a work o' art.

Play on.....

Back