Newbie User & Dxi Synths

jitteringjim

Insert Custom Title Here
OK, I'm giving Sonar a try, though I love my Samplitude.

I want to try out the DXi soft synths.

I can't get the fuckers to work. Period.

I'm not trying to input with my "MIDI controller" 'cause the synth I use for that seems to be on the fritz. I'm doing some manual charting and want to hear the playback through Dxi.

I understand the concept here, and I've read the manual/help files, but I'm still not getting any sound out when using Dxi.

Help!?!?!?

Not sure what the problem is, it's pretty straightforward to use. Let me try walking through the steps, perhaps you're missing one?

1. You need to use 2 tracks, one audio and one midi.
2. On the audio track, go the the FX box and patch in a DXi (e.g., VSC). The output should be routed to your normal audio output device.
3. Go to the output tab of your MIDI track, and from the pull down menu choose the DXi as your output.
4. Write some MIDI notation in the MIDI track, rewind to start and click Play. You should get the MIDI track playing back through the DXi audio track.
5. If you want to change the sound, double click on the DXi in the audio track and adjust.

In the case of the VSC DXi, the instrument that will be used will correspond to the channel you have selected for the MIDI track. So if you have your MIDI track set to Channel 2, the instrument that will play will correspond to whatever is assigned to Part 2 in the VSC DXi.

Back