newbie Song

Ok, here we go. I fancy your guitar playing, the tone of your voice but... what's that? I feel two guys speaking me from my right and my left. Well, I know that's not your intension but that's what i felt. BG vocals should be more subtle, they're used to reinforce the message of your music not to distract the guys hearing it. Bring down the faders and let the lead vocal to be the center of attention while the "other" guys just whisper.

Imagine that you're attendind a gig and the singer is just in front of you. He's singing with two guys, one at his right and one at his left. The're at at HIS right and left, not yours, that means your panning is two extreme for what you're willing to achieve.

Hope this helps.

Just a note. You should post this one in teh MP3 Mixing Clinic.

new song

Thanks advice well taken. I was experimenting with the BG vocals, but I can see how that does distract the listener, it is kinda extreme. So should I go more for the front lead and the BG vocals behind, or the lead in front and BG behind "slightly", right and left?
I'll fix that and the lead and post it in the mixing clinic.
Thanks alot for the help.:rolleyes:

Also, use a metronome or a click track to improve on the timing and practice the playing to it. If your DAW or recorder has a way of correting the timing on tracks, use that as well being careful not to quantize at 100% in order to retain the human feel. Nice song! Thanks for sharing.

Terrence

Back