Newbie question...

The way I do it is line out of the soundcard into my mixer, then Rec Out from the mixer to the cassette deck

Just about anything in your buget at Best Buy or Circuit City will be fine. If you are thinking of making a lot of the same thing, you would be better off burning a CD and finding a duplication house in your area. Even with a dual deck with parallel record, it will take you forever to make any quantity. You will also wear out the deck quickly.

Its not mass production (yet) :D I just want enough to give to my buds and to the ladies. So should I get a deck, or what? thx so much

Yes U Should

Just A Deck From Bestbuy Or Something Like The Other Guy Said Should Work Great For What U Need It For.you Could Get A Good One For Around $100.

Is there a reason that you want to do it this way? Recording to CD is pretty easy nowadays.

This is an easy one, it's simple, just line out from your soundcard to line in on your cassette deck, hit record on your deck and play on your recorder program. Just be sure to check the playback settings on your pc, (it wont work if you have the line out muted and you might want to adjust the output volume so that you get the best sound.) I do this on a regular basis ( we only have a tape player in our car) If the tape isn't quite to your liking you may need to run through an EQ before going into the tape deck, sometimes digi needs a little tweeking when being transfered to analog ( this is true going the other way too) You might have to experiment with your gear a little to get a deacent sounding tape but its not all that hard to do.

Dani Pace said:
I do this on a regular basis ( we only have a tape player in our car).
Now it makes sense to me. It's probably something like that. :o I'm silly, but your advice is sound :D

I dont have a good enough computer to get the recording software. But thanks for all your help guys. Thanks for the link carnivore, I think Im goin to go with the sony deck. Do you know what type of cable I need to connect my PS-04 to the deck. Thanks again everybody. :)

Back