Newbie Question

woodshedder

Hello all...
Been using N-tracks for about three days...I'm starting to get things sorted out.
One question I have is this. When I hit record and record the first track, it appears just as that: one track. However, when I record the next track, when I press stop to stop recording, two tracks appear, only one of which has any sound in it. I've tried to insert new audio track, and still when I'm finished recording, there is the extra track.
Why is this happening? I am just deleting the extra track, so I guess it isn't a huge deal. I just don't want to be doing something wrong.

Thanks

Click on "view" and make sure you have a Check beside "Recording VU"(you can also bring it up by hitting F5).

At the bottom of the recording VU there is a Hammer Icon.Click on that Icon and put a dot beside "mono"/click OK and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the help.
Although, I've tried that. When I click on the hammer, I do not have a choice for mono.
I thought that was the problem. How do I get the mono option?

thanks again

Depends on your sound card, bud. Some card's drivers only present themselves to N as pairs. If this is the case, you'll only see Stereo and Stereo --> Two Mono Tracks.

If you're seeing only these two options, then disable one of the tracks using the red button on either the track you're recording to or the Recording VU Meter. Click on the red button and you'll see Left Channel --> and Right Channel -->>. Disable the one you don't want to use.

Hope this helps.

tj

Thanks Teej-

Thats what I needed.
Now, if I could get off of N-tracks and get some sleep, I would be doing fine!!!

Woodshedder.

Back