Newbie NEEDS help with recording...

Monkeyspunk

I am inputing sound from the computer (Acid) into my Mackie where I mix together with processed vocals and guitar. What do I need to do so that I may record on the same computer to burn on CD? Do I need another PC for recording? Basically, can I output and input/record at the same time on the same PC? Would Sound Forge XP help with? Please, I could really use the help.

You're a bit confused here...you can play and record at the same time, but burning CDs from mixed tracks has nothing to do with that. I'm not familiar with Acid, but virtually every program meant for mixing or recording multiple tracks at some point has an option to "mix down to stereo tracks", which is where you do your mixing.

Once you have your stereo mix as a WAV file, you simply bring that to your CD burning program (drag and drop) and tell it to make an audio CD. This will be clearer once you buy your CD-R and software.

Sound Forge XP is probably a good thing for you to have if Acid doesn't let you edit sound files themselves; it will help you get the best rendition from your final mix.

Back