Newbie here.. I am trying so hard to get this...

Fenderville

Hello everyone I have been recording for along time but I am STILL a newbie!

I can't seem to control my music.. My style is so screwed up that it may not be recordable..

If you can help me.. Maybe it is my lows... And for sure my room acoustics.
I am adicted to Michael patton but I can't seem to do what he does..

Thank you for any input.

Innocents And You..

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=4638&alid=-1

yeah, sounds good!!! your sound isn't too bad and i really dig the vocals. i shouldn't worry about not being able to do what patton does : i saw him im brussels some time ago with the fantomas big band and ... no one can do what he does :-)

i think you make unique music, well played and recorded.

Hi,
The only real prob I see is the drum programming - the programs are alright but the samples are a little fake & don't DRIVE the piece the way the bass is trying to.
Re your vocals all I can say in terms of negs is that you need to put some more passion into them. Restrained passion probablypossibly but passion none the less. Not all the way through either, just some dynamic thrust.
The lyrical bent is good, the harmonies are cool the melody is really good but the top line needs to have more gut in it.
All that said - its a very good tune, good performances with a little tweaking to do.
Have you run a finishing/mastering compression over it to see what effect that gives?
Please tweak & repost as I can really hear where you're aiming & you're close too.

This is awsome... It kind of reminds me of "Behind The Sun" by RHCP. Everything just sounds great together. My only complaint is that the horns could use a little more working...

I actually downloaded this I liked it so much :)

This could totally be the background to a TV commercial, for a car or something! It's different, but cool. Or maybe the intro music to a radio Talk Show!

Lots of layers going on here. Big, fat and clean.....nice

I like the way the guitars carry on throughout the song, nice and steady.

Great vocals/harmonies.

Cool bass sound - very funky.

Good one.....

:D :D :D :D

Wow thanks everyone! I didn't expect this much good reaction! I will continue to tweak this and see what I can do.. Thanks again!

the slap bass tone was really cool, i liked it uber muchos. was it hard to do?

it's a very cool song, and i agree with the comment about the horns - feels like they could use a bit more energy somehow... maybe mix a live musician in there?

Andy

i thought the horns could use less verb.

the only style that shouldn't be recorded is hip hop/rap fusion, but that's just me

cool.

maybe up the violin a bit. but its fine if you didn't want it very high. i noticed it, but i'm guessing you just wanted a little layer to add it and just get the texture and not the instrument

Back