newbie for life *sigh* mixer to pci?

RobManYou

from that website he seems to think that going from the subgroup outs to the rca inputs of the pci card is better then going from direct outs to rca inputs of the card? is this really better? I would think it would give me less individual control over each channel because the subgroups are paired up? any ideas?

if it were me i'd take the direct outs from each channel strip and plug it into your 8 RCA inputs. if you do that you'll be able to record 8 tracks of seperate audio. i would then do all mixingin your computer and not go back out to the behringer..

The whole "in the box" "out of the box" debate is a matter of preference. Some people like the flexibility and the options of using outboard gear, some people like the ease of use and straight forwardness of mixing in the box. Do what works best for YOU.

As far as the board. I'd use the direct outs to run to the soundcard, and I do. As for the board, I have the 12 channel version and it's worked pretty good for what I'm doing, but I despise the preamps. Grainy and noisey if you crank them past half. Then if you want to run back to the board, plug the outs from the soundcard to the ins on the board. I'm going to be upgrading to a yamaha 16/4 pretty soon to accomodate both of my Delta 410s, and better pres.

oh ok thanks guys... now I just need to figure out how to get my adobe audition up and running with everything! slow learning process huh?

actually I only posted that question once??? i didn't post the same question three times although the titles are similar... but that's because the questions deal with similar things... everyone else has been very helpful... so you shouldn't feel obligated to do anything

Back