(newbie DJ question) - Anybody use the DM2/Mixman?

Seanmorse79

I'm not a DJ, but I'd like to be able to add some scratch tracks to my recordings.

Has anybody used the DM2/Mixman? I've used Mixman before, and it was a joke - trying to scratch with a mouse or a trackball. The DM2 seems like a good way to make that work.

If anybody has used this, is it any good or is it just a kid's toy?

I use it frequently to add little scratches here and there on my trax, you couldn't do a full on q-bert/x-men solo on it but it is good for small jobs. Also a HUGE advantage is being able to scratch your own material, also the latency is next to nothing... if u want to check out a track I used it on, go to www.mp3.com/dutchmac and listen to "Ill Rap Bombanizum"
Hope that helps
~Tor

Smooth stuff there, ToR - if those aren't canned beats & samples, you did a hell of a job with it (even if they are). Thanx for the info - I think I'll give it a try.

I picked one up, but I'm getting a shit-load of latency. It's almost a whole second from the time I move the wheel until I hear the scratch.

Anybody got any ideas to reduce the latency? (I'm using a C-Port).

It's a TOY.

A friend lent me one for a few weeks and I found it next to useless.

If you already have recording software then you can easily find plugins that will do scratch effects. After that all you need is an outboard midi controller for hands-on tweaking.

You could probably get one for no more than the cost of the DM2.

barefoot

...that's what I was hoping this would be like.... I'm not doing anything major, just a few scratches here & there but the latency is ridiculous.

Any suggestions for an outboard MIDI controller?

Back