(newbie) amplifiying my keyboard

jammit

I know, this is probably a stupid question and should be on the newbie board......anyways......
Can I run my new keyboard through a mixer to a pair of studio
monitors to get a live sound? I need some studio reference monitors and thought maybe I could pick up a cheap mixer
intead of buying a seperate Amp . It would be for home use only.
Any ideas on how I should set this up would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

your mixer won't amp unless it's PA. And most aren't to avoid noise. You're prolly going to need both a mixer and an amp.

home stereo system could do you some "amplifying", but don't expect the a world class sound out of it tho.

AL

How about this.....

keyboard to x-nonpowered mixer through Event trn-8 or 5 powered reference monitors.
Would I get a reasonably good sound with this setup or should I buy a keyboard amp.(Roland Kc ect..)

thnx

well you will get reasonable sound yes... but i still recommend getting a decent mixer, an amp and a set of monitors, but it'll do yea... just consider saving up for another setup..

yea... unless it's got multiple outs and you wanna use it to the full advantage through a mixer.. that's recommended too of course, but it's all about the dough right..

I presume you have an amp for your monitors. If all you want to do is practice then it should be fine. I do it now with a full band (excl drums).

I presume you have an amp for your monitors. If all you want to do is practice then it should be fine. I do it now with a full band (excl drums).

I bought some powered reference monitors and a small mixer for my makeshift home studio. I can plug both the monitors directly
to the keyboard via xlr and it does fine or I can run it through the mixer. Either way I'm getting all I need for now......I will say this.......I have a lot to learn!

Thanks,
Dave

Back