Newb question.

wishtheend

My band currently practices and have done some recording in the basement of our guitarist's house. The room is about 12' W x 14' L with about 8' high ceilings. The door to the room is on the south side (which runs longways), and when you enter, the first 1 and a 1/2 or so feet of the ceiling is dropped (for an air duct i belive) by about 1 foot. The ceiling is this popcorn finish.

My question is, what kind of sound treatment should I be looking at first? I've read through lots of stuff in this forum, but there seem to be many options. This room is going to be the recording room where we will be tracking drums, heavy guitars, etc. We have a whole different room where we are running into the firepod for recording.

The way we have the room arranged is as followed:

The room runs east-west, longwise with a door on the south side and a window (now completed filled with one solid piece of styrofoam) on the north. Our drummer's kit is on the east side, guitars and bass on the west facing each other towards the middle. In the corners of the north wall we have two Carvin 15" speakers on little shelves, but the majority of that wall is bare (the huge piece of styrofoam makes it one large flat surface). Our gear pretty much covers the west wall and the wall behind the drummer is bare as well.

Any help or suggestions you guys can give would be great. Thanks in advance.

Back