New website for beats.

lee miran

Hey fellas -

I'm in the middle of creating a website for my beats. What I have finished so far is uploaded. Please check it out and tell me how long it is taking for:

1) the flash intro to load
2) the homepage to load after the flash intro.

I have DSL and it loads fast. But I want to know what the load time is for 56K and lower modems(anyone still have a 33.6 or 28.8?).

Also any general comments/critiques are welcome.

Thanks.

BTW, the flash intro is temporary (it was a free download. I'm in the middle of creating my own). The background music is also temporary.

Thanks.

Here is the link:

http://www.domebrothers.com

Lee,

Nice template!! Your website is Hard! Maybe I missed it, but where are the links for the beats you have posted so far?

Thanks. No beats uploaded, yet. I will have a few up this weekend. I just wanted to get some feedback on the design.

What type of connection do you have? How was the load time for the page?

I have DSL and the load time was minimal!

Where did you get the template for your home page?

I think the flash intro is fine! No need to change it unless you have a better design.

Do you design website too?

BeatDaddy said:
I have DSL and the load time was minimal!

Where did you get the template for your home page?

I think the flash intro is fine! No need to change it unless you have a better design.

Do you design website too?

Yeah. I design websites, too. It was designed from scratch, except for the "boombox" looking interface. I got that from somebody.

I want to design my own flash intro, because then I will have more control over the background music and I don't like the "this intro provided by" credit at the bottom of the screen.

Smooth running.

No freezing.

Perfect. Then again, I am on DSL.

You might wanna get someone who doesn't have DSL 2 look at it.

Nice design, too.

1 thing.

On the guestbook you should change the field "Your Name" to "Name" that way it makes sense to t he person filling it in and to any1 looking at it 'coz at the moment it looks weird openning it to see "Your name" and you hevn't even filled anythiong in yet.
Plus that is not my name.

The only negative thing I could find.

I'm lookin' forward 2 seeing the final version of this with the beats on it etc.

Looks like you've got a nice thing going there.

Lee,

I'm on a dialup (56K). Clicked on the link about 25 seconds ago and the intro page just opened up.

Cool little intro, and I like how the beat kicks right in when the page loads, but it would be nice to turn it off after a while (oops never mind just found the music off button). Nice layout on the main page. All the links on the left open up real quick.

Pro looking site, great design, could use some pictures though.

BTW, I agree on the name issue in the guestbook area, it's kind of confusing.

Stray

Lee,

Found some typos.

This is the last paragraph in Mad Dan's and your info pages.

"While your hear, check out some of his tracks and let him know what you think by dropping a line in the guestbook."

I think you mean "While you're here".\

Stray

Thanks for being my beta testers

Abyss and Stray,

Thanks for checking it (typos and all).

Stray - This morning I added revised intro synced to a beat. Please let me know what the new load time is. It's still not done, I need to adjust the mixes for the intro beat and page beat. But I'm almost there. Also, I'm still looking for ways to cut down the load time for the into (or at least place one of those "loading" animations - once I figure out how to do it)

BTW - How was the load time for the page after the intro?

Lemme get some of this.

Well,Me muhself also design websites....I like the layout..Very nice....The only thing thats not consistent from my judgement is the color scheme...Which is very important...When using a lighter background with dark text..It tends to make ur visitor stay longer but...It also a factor on who your target market is....Since its a music site...Then dark colors are accepted most by musicians and those who love music...Now about the color scheme..Its the blue that doesn't do it for me....Its not consistent....It'll look way much better if you would've have used the goold ol black,grey,and white colors (Colors that match in the color wheel)...Look like thats the route you were going but tried to be original by throwing in the light blue.....That light blue won't work with your target audience......The interface and top header looks very good.,.It definately shows you have skills but like forestated...That light blue doesn't do it for me...........;)

Reefer,

I hear you loud and clear. But, I was afraid that going with a grey or white background and buttons would be too bland. If you were designing the site what would you replace the blue with (along with font color)?

I wouldn't change the site colours/set-up - it's really well done, looks like you've put time into it and is VERY impressive.

But then again, graphics, etc. aren't my forté

I actually compromised and left the navigation buttons blue and changed the content frame to gray. It's actually easier to read now.

Also, the flash intro movie is I made is done and synced to a beat. That was a task, since it was my first time making a flash animation. I also got a progress bar to preload b4 the movie.

I still need people to let me know their load times.

Just loaded two of my tracks to the site. Some of you may have already heard them b4. www.domebrothers.com (then goto Audio Files --> Hip Hop). Let me know if the HiFi and LoFi play buttons, etc. work for you.

PEACE

Abyyss said:
It's all working fine except for the download button.

What's wrong with the download button, exactly?

I've tried it on 3 different systems with 3 different results. The systems that have RealPlayer/RealOne (a piece of S., IMO - because it such an intrusive app) installed give strange results. One of them forces the mp3 file to an mpga file for streaming. The other tries to open the file (downloading it first to a temp file), so you have to right-click and choose "save target as" to download properly.

The PC that does not have the "Real" apps installed downloads it perfectly.

Reefer - Any suggestions?

Back