New V Drums connecting to computer for SD2?

Jay C

hey all, my drummer just got a td9 vdrum kit, we want to use it for superior drummer. there is a usb port on the module but i don't think that's the way to hook it up. there is a midi in and out on the module as well. i have a hardware interface with a midi in and out also. would i just plug the midi cable into the midi output of the module to the midi input of the hardware interface? or do i need another midi to usb to go from the midi output of the hardware interface into the computer?

thanks for any help.

Nope, it's just what you think. Midi out of the module to midi input of the interface. You will have to go into your recording software and set up the routing to record it, that procedure will be in your manual/help files as it is different in every DAW.

Nope, it's just what you think. Midi out of the module to midi input of the interface. You will have to go into your recording software and set up the routing to record it, that procedure will be in your manual/help files as it is different in every DAW.

thanks a lot Jay Walsh!! got it and it's working great. tiny bit of latency i'm trying to work out, but it's working so far.

thanks.

Back