New User - Multi-track problems

Doug_3

i'm a new user to cool edit pro....

the problem is that when i record one track and go to record a second track... the first gets carried over into the second track, meaning that the first track is embedded in the second track.... so i cant truly multi-track... it's really annoying and frustrating... is it because of my soundcard??

any help is much appreciated

Yep. Your port setup for your soundcard in CEP is the problem. CoolEdit is not to blame.
What soundcard do you have ?

Cheers

well as for now i'm just using the sound built into my motherboard... its only a year old so i didnt think it would be a big deal but i guess its not doin the job...

i'm gonna get a soundblaster live and drive(i can get one on ebay for only like $30)... with that i can plug my shure mic right into the front of my computer.... will that soundcard be able to multi-track you think? and if so will it automatically do so or will i have to mess around with the settings?

Doug_3 said:
will that soundcard be able to multi-track you think? and if so will it automatically do so or will i have to mess around with the settings?
I'd be shocked if your current soundcard is not capable of multi-tracking. It seems like I run into this problem every time I Format my hard drive and re-install CEP. It's just a setting that needs to be adjusted somewhere, and this comes up about twice a week, lol.

I swear, next time it happens to me, I'm taking notes and asking dobro to post them as a sticky in this forum, lol.

BTW - I've posted the procedure in this forum before, but I'm too lazy and inept to find it right now. I'm pretty sure I got it off of the (old) syntrillium site in its "FAQ" section, but I have no idea if that site even exists anymore.

Short answer...don't get a new sound card just to solve this issue...it's common, and fixable.

hey thanks a lot man... that did the trick!

i still wanna get a live drive though so i can get the midi hook ups and the 1/4in line ins as well

Back