New Upbeat Alternative Rock Song

• Thread starter Deleted member 203901
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 203901

Hi there,

Here's another Alternative Rock type song that I had been working on for quite some time now. I finally decided to put the "complete" stamp on it after "mastering" the track. I would love to hear your feedback(s) on this mix/master. By the way, the song lyrics is in Nepalese language!

Attachments

• Prashna_master2.mp3
    4.4 MB · Views: 23
The opening is great but the backoff to the vocal is too sudden. The other transitions later on are a lot smoother. Good track, great energy. Nice job

The opening is great but the backoff to the vocal is too sudden. The other transitions later on are a lot smoother. Good track, great energy. Nice job

Thanks Bulls Hit for your feedback...I really appreciate it!

Yes, I agree the vocals at the beginning is not very tight at all. I found that particular section of the song very difficult to mix. Thanks again

Sounds great to me.
I didn't notice anything odd in the beginning.
Seems like it's longer than 2:43 so that means there is a lot to consider.
Nice work.

Really good. I thought the intro was okay.

I feel that during the chorus, the vocals are a little too far out front. I listen to the vocals compared to the guitars and they are too loud, then next time I listen compared to bass and drums and they seem okay. So..... maybe the guitars need to come up a hair. Just during the chorus. The vocals in the verses is fine. A lot of writing to describe very small tweaks.

Oooohhhh, fix the ending.... poor edits.

Sounds great to me.
I didn't notice anything odd in the beginning.
Seems like it's longer than 2:43 so that means there is a lot to consider.
Nice work.

Thanks Manslick for your encouraging feedback!

Really good. I thought the intro was okay.

I feel that during the chorus, the vocals are a little too far out front. I listen to the vocals compared to the guitars and they are too loud, then next time I listen compared to bass and drums and they seem okay. So..... maybe the guitars need to come up a hair. Just during the chorus. The vocals in the verses is fine. A lot of writing to describe very small tweaks.

Oooohhhh, fix the ending.... poor edits.

Thanks Chili for your constructive feedback. I'm relieved to hear that you didn't notice anything terribly off in the intro. Thanks for pointing out the low guitar levels during the chorus as well. Is there a way to increase the guitar volume in the mastering stage? Unfortunately, I no longer have the mix session for this track since I already deleted it a while ago. The distorted guitars in the chorus (and throughout the song) are in the sides, panned hard left and right. I read about this technique called "mid/side" (I even have a plugin for this in my DAW), but I have no idea how to use it. Would that technique help in this particular situation?

I saw a video on M/S mastering and it helped to do a lot of things. It might help you bring the guitars out more. I wouldn't know for sure. But, I would say that if the mix sessions are gone, then really, you should just leave it as is.

Move on to the next project.
:)

Thanks Chili for your advice. Ok, I will leave it as it is and move on to the next project.

Back