New tune. If you get a chance, give a listen

glazingfool

This song is called "Rumble", we wrote it about a Philadephia musician who was popular locally in the late eighties. Thanks for your time.

hey...

that sounds pretty awesome dude.

mind telling us the process of production?

are the drums tracked? they sound good but like they are artifical.

i like the song too. not my style usually, but i thoroughly enjoyed the listen.

good stuff.

Thanks for the listen

The drums are human played on electronic pads and recorded to a midi file and then we pipe that thru a Roland TD-8 brain (you were correct). My partner in crime in these endeavors, Simman, will have to give you the low down on the production process. I do know this: I played guitars thru V-amp pro, bass thru Bass V-amp, keys on a piece of crap Radio Shack mini keyboard which was attached thru midi to a sampler for organ and piano parts. Mic's, pre's.......Simman are you out there?

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the interest

sandwiches said:
hey...

that sounds pretty awesome dude.

mind telling us the process of production?

are the drums tracked? they sound good but like they are artifical.

i like the song too. not my style usually, but i thoroughly enjoyed the listen.

good stuff.

I played the drums using a Hart Dynamics Studio 6.4 kit with a Roland TD-8 brain. Recorded MIDI out of the brain so I could play back and track individual parts of the kit (with compression & reverbs). Still building the “live” room so going direct with the drums was the way too go. The drum sounds are stock TD-8 drums with no tweaking. I will say that since this recording I’ve really messed with the TD-8 and have gotten killer results (especially kick drum that will dent your chest :D ).

The guitar parts were recorded a couple of ways. We intended some of the parts to be scratch tracks but wound up using them (lesson there….save everything). Recorded bass, rhythm parts, & lead using a V-amp Pro (bass & guitar) into out board pre amps. In addition, we miced a Marshall 50w amp. The amp was miced using a combination of mics (at various distances) into out board pres.

All tracked to an HD-24 and mix through a Soundcraft Ghost.

That’s what I can recall off the top of my head, if you are interested in anything else let me know and I’ll refer back to my track notes.

Thanks for your interest and we appreciate you listening!!

You wanna hear something funny?

With those drums and stuff, It's kind of like taking the stuff Clapton did in the 80s and adding it to his old man blues stuff now. It's fun. I mean, it sounds canned because it is, but it sounds like that stuff that's fun to play. For lots of people that's what it's all about anyways.

The whole thing gets pretty tight into it, and thats really important for any music to me.

H2H

Hard2Hear said:
You wanna hear something funny?

With those drums and stuff, It's kind of like taking the stuff Clapton did in the 80s and adding it to his old man blues stuff now. It's fun. I mean, it sounds canned because it is, but it sounds like that stuff that's fun to play. For lots of people that's what it's all about anyways.

The whole thing gets pretty tight into it, and thats really important for any music to me.

H2H

Hard2Hear that is it in a nutshell. This style of music is stuff that's just plain fun to play. The music was popular around the new jersey shore in the late 80s when we played in the local clubs. Tommy Connwell (now a DJ at WYSP 94.1 in PA) and the Young Rumblers is the sound we tried to get.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment; it is appreciated.

Last edited:
Back