New tracks with REAL drums!

The room is "OK" but it certainly isn't great. I'll work on your suggestions and post the solo'd drum track(s) by itself. Thanks a lot for the info. I feel as if I finally have some things to try.

I'd start with just the overheads. Get the drums to sound as good as possible with just them. Of course, you'll be lacking kik until you bring that mic in. But you might find you'll get a better sound with just 4 mics and not need the room mics.

Little kids in the begining sound pretty neat leading into the song.
The vocals both male and female sound solid in the mix, blend well with the acoustic.

Hey Greg, I had a chance to check out the phase issue that you mentioned and found that hi-hat mic was the culprit. I aligned the OH's and the room mic's to the hi-hat mic and wow, what a difference. Got some totally "in your face" drum tracks now. Didn't have enough time to mixdown and post them but I will upload new mixes sometime this week. Just wanted to update you and say thanks.

Lonnie

Very nice. I dig the song and the performances, well done. As for the drums, the main nit I have is too much reverb, they lack clarity. Other than that, very enjoyable stuff.:cool:

Thanks DavidK, the drums really rock out now... I'll be uploading the latest versions sometime tonight/tomorrow.

Back