New track "Just say it"...Should I give it to her?

Fat_Satchel

I suffer Narcoleptic Rage
Well...I occasionally write songs for my girlfriend ya know?...sappy lil love songs that never see the light of day except for her...she digs that kind of thing. But they're usually acoustic kinds of things full of flowers and rainbows, so to speak.

So me and the girlfriend have been having some communication problems for some time now...I've been bangin this one on my acoustic for a while never really planning on recording it because, well...she only sees the sunny side of the moon and would fail to appreciate my hard work here [ROFL]

Anyways...yesterday, in the heat of the moment, I recorded it and I'm too the point of...well, take a listen.

Hit my site and give it a spin [Title "Just say it"] and let me know what you think eh?

Thanks
LS

Oh girl, you dont know what you're doing to me
You make me feel like I might be out of my mind
No reason why I feel like I commited a crime
No time for good behavior
Something's on your mind
I wish you'd just...

Say it, just go ahead and say it
Say it, you got me me so frustrated
Say it, just go ahead and say it girl
Just say it
C'mon girl
Just say it
C'mon girl

Oh girl, just say what you're going to say
Should I be writing you a hate song filled with pain?
The paper soaked with tears
A bloodstain, just to show how much I love you dear
But somehow that just wouldn't say what I wanted to

Say it, just go ahead and say it
Say it, you got me me so frustrated
Say it, just go ahead and say it girl
C'mon girl
Just say it
C'mon girl

You pose a difficulty question.

Given that none of us here know your girlfriend, nor of the circumstances you currently find yourself in, it would be dangerous for anyone here to voice an opinion.

It's okay to write a song about your feelings; there's cathartic value in that. But what you do with it is really up to you.

But here is something you can do.

Imagine that you've played the song to her.
1 What do you imagine her reaction would be?
2 What would you like her reaction to be?

Think of how you would like the situation to resolve, then make sure your song (or whatever you do) has a sporting chance of achieving that.

Sounds like a Michael Jackson song. Lyrics quite alright, I don't see anything there that would upset her.

Bah! I wasn't trying to pose some deep moral question here...it's really more about the music than the relationship, here. Guess I should have presented the feelings and motivation behind my lil diddy in a more politically correct manner :rolleyes:

nzausrec:
Sounds like a Michael Jackson song. Lyrics quite alright, I don't see anything there that would upset her.

Naww man...I got nothing against the guy one way or the other but not my style...you obviously didnt listen to the track [no biggie], I appreciate the comment the lyric ;)

LS

^ I didn't see a link to the track. I was reading the lyrics only.
I always skim for links to the track within the body of the text. ..

MJ wouldn't be approopriate in terms of the sound now that I hear it, but the lyrics could easily be thrown on an MJ ballad. I don't see why that would bother you.
'Say it girl' , 'Paper soaked with tears ..' is a little lovely. Come on, it is.

hehe...i suppose lyrically, I can see your point. The MJ reference doesn't bother me, I hope I didn't come across too abruptly. It was actually kind of a compliment...I do like a lot of MJ's music...just wouldnt go buy a cd

on a side note...she has heard the song and we are talking now.

gotta love the power of music :)

Back